Professor of Psychology
Phone: (706) 238-7992
Campus Box: 5019
Location: Cook Building 331
- Ph.D., University of Louisville (2000)
- M.A. Western Kentucky University (1996)
- B.A. Berea College (1994)
- Color vision; parallel pathways in the human visual system; mechanisms of light adaptation.
- Associate Professor of Psychology, Berry College (2007)
- Assistant Professor of Psychology, Nazareth College (2000-2007)
- Research Health Sciences Specialist, Department of Veteran Affairs, Louisville VA Medical Center (1998-2000)
- Adjunct Lecturer, Department of Psychology, University of Louisville (1997-2000)
- Vukmanic, E., Godwin,
K.,* Shi, P., Hughes, A., & DeMarco, P.
(2014). Full-Field Electroretinogram response to increment and decrement
flashes. Documenta Ophthalmologica. 1573-2622.
- Hughes, A.
(2014). Pursuing careers in physiological psychology. In Buskist, R. L
(Ed.). Academic Advising: A Handbook for Advisors and Students. Syracuse,
NY: Society for the Teaching of Psychology.
- Hughes, A.
(2014). Advising as teaching. In Buskist, R. L (Ed.). Academic
Advising: A Handbook for Advisors and Students. Syracuse, NY: Society
for the Teaching of Psychology.
- Hughes, A.
(2011). Exercises and demonstrations to promote student engagement in
motivation and emotion courses. In Miller, R. L., Balcetis, E., Daniel,
D., Saville, B., &. Woody, W. D., (Eds.). Promoting Student
Engagement, Volume 2: Activities & Demonstrations for
Psychology. Syracuse, NY: Society for the Teaching of Psychology.
- Hughes, A.,
& Gilmour, N.* (2010). Perceptions of safety among workers in mental
health care facilities. North American Journal of Psychology, 12
- Lindner, D., Hughes, A., & Fahy, R. (2008). Eating pathology and social comparison in college females. North American Journal of Psychology, 10(3), 445-462.
- Hughes, A. (2005). A poster project for an undergraduate Sensation and Perception course. Teaching of Psychology, 32(1), 58-59.
- Hughes, A., & DeMarco, P.J. (2003). The time course of adaptation for stimuli presented along cardinal lines in color space. Journal of the Optical Society of America. A, 20, 2216-2227.
- Patterson, W. F., McDowell, A.L., Hughes, A., & Bilotta, J. (2002). Opponent and nonopponent contributions to the zebrafish ERG using heterochromatic flicker photometry. Journal of Comparative Physiology, 188, 283-293.
- Purkiss, T.J., Hughes, A., & DeMarco, P.J. (2001). Processing of scotopic increments and decrements. Visual Neuroscience, 18, 119-125.
- DeMarco, P.J., Hughes, A., & Purkiss, T.J. (2000). Increment and decrement detection on temporally modulated fields. Vision Research, 40 (14), 1907-1919.
- Hughes, A., Saszik, S., Bilotta, J., DeMarco, P. J., & Patterson, W. F. (1998). Cone contribution to the photopic spectral sensitivity function of the zebrafish ERG. Visual Neuroscience, 15 (6), 1029-1038.
- Mortar Board
- Society for the Teaching of Psychology (APA Division 2)
- Association for Psychological Science (APS)
- Association for Research in Vision and Ophthalmology (ARVO)