Clinical Associate Professor
Phone: (706) 290-2152
Campus Box: 1008
- Doctorate of Philosophy at The Union Institute and University
- Master of Science at Augusta State University
- Master of Science at California University of Pennsylvania
- Bachelor of Arts at Armstrong Atlantic State University
- Clinical Director at Appalachian Children’s Center (2001-2006)
- Adjunct Professor at Capella University (2003-2005)
- Consulting Psychologist at Mountaintop Group Home (2001-2002)
- Consulting Psychologist at Georgia Department of Juvenile Justice Dalton Regional Youth Detention Center (2000-2002)
- Clinical Therapist at Murphy-Harpst (1993-1998)
- Program Design Consultant at Elks Aidemore (1997-1998)
- Primary Therapist at Bradford Parkside (1993)
- Azar-Dickens, J. (2005). Do you hear what I hear? Georgia Psychologist, Legislative Edition.
- Dickens, J. (2004). The human consequences of fiscal responsibility. Georgia Psychologist, Legislative Edition, 4-5.
- Dickens, J. (2003). Faces of Feeling. Unpublished Manuscript.
- Dickens, J. (2001). Remembering the “child” in child psychotherapy. Georgia Psychologist, Fall/Winter, 28-29.
- Dickens, J. (1999). Behavioral indicators of conduct disorder in a ropes course initiative. Unpublished doctoral dissertation, The Union Institute and University.
- Cahoon, D. D., Edmunds, E.M., Spaulding, R., and Dickens, J. (1995). A comparison of the opinion of black and white males and females concerning the occurrence of rape. The Journal of Social Behavior and Personality, 10( 1), 91-99
- Georgia Psychological Association
- Georgia Psychological Association- Legal and Legislative Committee
- American Psychological Association Division 53 Child/Adolescent Psychology
- Division 47 Sport and Exercise Psychology
- Court Appointed Special Advocates (CASA) of the Appalachian Juvenile Court Circuit
- Leukemia and Lymphoma Society-Team in Training-Chattanooga