Associate Professor of Psychology
Phone: (706) 236-6494
- Ph.D., University of Louisville (1998)
- M.A. University of Louisville (1996)
- B.A. University of Georgia (1992)
- Director of Women’s and Gender Studies (2007-present)
- Associate Professor of Psychology at Berry College (2005-Present)
- Assistant Professor of Psychology at Berry College (1999-2005)
- Adjunct Faculty at Georgia School of Professional Psychology (1998-1999)
- Postdoctoral Fellow at Emory University School of Medicine (1998-1999)
- Psychology Resident, Augusta VA/Medical College of Georgia (1997-1998)
- Adjunct Faculty at University of Louisville (1996-1997)
- Logsdon-Conradsen, S. (2011) From Maternalism to Activist Mothering: The evolution of mother activism in the United States environmental movement. Journal of the Motherhood Initiative: Mothering and the Environment: The Natural, The Social, The Built. (2), 1, 9-36.
- Logsdon-Conradsen, S. (2011) Mothering seminar syllabus. Teaching Motherhood: A Collection of Post-Secondary Courses on Mothering/Motherhood. Compiled by The Motherhood Initiative for Research and Community Involvement (MIRCI)
- Logsdon-Conradsen, S. (2011) Pregnancy. In M. Stange, C. Oyster, and J. Sloan (Eds.) The Multimedia Encyclopedia of Women in Today's World. Thousand Oaks, CA: Sage Publications. 1138-1143
- Logsdon-Conradsen, S. (2011) The committee of soldier’s mothers in Russia: Anti-war and human rights activists. In A. O’Reilly (Ed.) You Say You Want a Revolution? The 21st Century Motherhood Movement. Demeter Press. 626-637. (solicited)
- Logsdon-Conradsen, S. (2011) The mothers of Laleh Park: The mourning mothers of Iran demand an end to violence. In A. O’Reilly (Ed.) You Say You Want a Revolution? The 21st Century Motherhood Movement. Demeter Press. 638-650. (solicited)
- Logsdon-Conradsen, S., and Allred, S. (2010) Environmental mother-activism: A framework for understanding its development and manifestations. Ecopsychology. (2),3, 141-146.
- Logsdon-Conradsen, S. (2010) (Review of the book Mother Knows Best: Talking Back to the Experts) Journal of the Association for Research on Mothering, 288-290.
- Logsdon-Conradsen, S. (2004) How useful are case studies in teaching abnormal psychology? North American Journal of Psychology, 6, 43-49
- Logsdon-Conradsen, S. (2004) (Review of the book Why Feminism?) Feminist Teacher, 15, 82-83
- Logsdon-Conradsen, S. (2003) Understanding the destructive myths of adolescent sexuality. (Review of the book Dilemmas of desire: Teenage girls talk about sexuality) Psychology of Women, 27, 351-352.
- Logsdon Conradsen, S. (2002) Using mindfulness meditation to promote holistic health in individuals with HIV/AIDS. Invited article for Cognitive and Behavioral Practice, 9, 67-72.
- Logsdon Conradsen, S., Sirl, K., Battle, J., Stapel, J, Anderson, P., Ventura-Cook, E., Zimand, E., Babat, N. and Kaslow, N. (2001) Formalized postdoctoral fellowships: A national survey of postdoctoral fellows. Professional Psychology: Research and Practice, 32, 312-318.
- Logsdon Conradsen, S. and Rosen Haney, M. (2001) An integrated approach to gender equity in schools. The Campbell Monograph Series on Education and Human Sciences, 2, 17-32
- Albano, A.M., Detweiler, M.F.,and Logsdon-Conradsen, S. (1999) Cognitive-behavioral interventions with socially phobic children. In S. Russ and T. Ollendick (Eds.) Handbook of psychotherapies with children and families: Issues in clinical child psychology. New York: Plenum.
- American Association of University Women (AAUW)
- American Psychological Association (APA)
- Georgia Psychological Association (GPA)
- Motherhood Initiative for Research and Community Involvement (MIRCI)
- Phi Beta Kappa
- Phi Kappa Phi
- Society for the Teaching of Psychology