Alumni Weekend 2014 Schedule
Note: events with an asterisk require registration.
Friday, May 30, 2014
8 a.m. *Alumni Golf Outing – Stonebridge Golf Club
Join alumni for a morning of fun and fellowship on the green at Stonebridge Golf Club. Contact Don Law
(67C) at email@example.com or Fred Mercer (FS, 09G) at firstname.lastname@example.org to register. Cost is $39 per
person; pay at the door. Price includes tee times and box lunch. Door prizes offered.
10 a.m. – 8 p.m. Registration and Check-In – Alumni Center, Multimedia Room
• Pick up registration packet at the Alumni Center prior to participating in any event.
On-Campus Housing Check-In (for Work Week attendees only) – Alumni Center, Executive Committee Room
3 – 4:30 p.m. Alumni Choir Rehearsal – College Chapel
5:30 – 10 p.m. *Alumni Class Reunion Dinners -
See the Friday evening reunion schedule here
7 – 10 p.m. Berry Night @ Schroeder’s on Broad Street
Saturday, May 31, 2014
8 a.m. *High School/Academy Breakfast – Hill Dining Hall, $10 per person
• Outstanding former Faculty/Staff Awards will be presented.
8 a.m. *1951C Annual Breakfast – Krannert Center, Room 217, $10 per person
8:30 a.m. *Young Alumni Service Project – Meet in Krannert Center, Valhalla Garden Room
Enjoy a continental style breakfast and receive service project assignments and instructions.
9 – 10 a.m. Alumni Choir Rehearsal – College Chapel
10 a.m. High School and Academy History Exhibit – The Martha Berry Museum
• View the Berry High School and Berry Academy history exhibit now on display in The Martha Berry Museum.
Noon *Alumni Association Lunch – Ford Dining Hall, $12 per person; free for Young Alumni Project participants
• Annual Alumni Association Meeting
1 – 6 p.m. Recreation and Fitness – The Cage Center
• Enjoy afternoon recreation at the Cage! Just present your Cage Center pass at the reception desk in the lobby to access the fitness area and other recreational facilities.
1:30 – 3:30 p.m. House o’ Dreams Bus Tour – Meet in Clara Archway
• Provided on a first-come, first-served basis
• Two 45-seat buses will leave at 1:30 p.m.; tour will last approximately 2 hours
2 and 3 p.m. *Behind the Ropes Tour – Meet in The Martha Berry Museum Lobby
The Behind the Ropes Tour provides guests with unprecedented access to the home of Berry College founder Martha Berry. The guided tours will take guests beyond the velvet ropes and into the private life of Miss Berry. Guests will have the opportunity to view her clothing, bathrooms and such items as sewing kits from the early 1920s. LIMITED to 20 people per tour. First come, first served. Choose your tour time on the registration form.
2 – 3 p.m. Berry Student Enterprises Program Presentation – Krannert Center, Room 324
Learn how the Berry College Student Enterprises started, where they stand today and what they have in store for the future, from the students who run them. Includes sample products, tours and more.
4 – 5 p.m. Alumni Choir Rehearsal – College Chapel
7 p.m. *Alumni Gala – The Forum, Downtown Rome
The Forum • Downtown Rome • Black Tie Optional
All alumni are invited to join us for an evening of awards, special recognition, dinner and dancing. We will honor the 2014 Distinguished Alumni Award winners and Golden Guard inductees from the high school and college classes of 1964.
6 p.m. Golden Guard Reception and Photo – Riverwalk Ballroom, Section 2
• Photos available for $12 each
6:15 p.m. All Golden Guard members
6:20 p.m. 1964A Golden Guard Inductees
6:25 p.m. 1964C Golden Guard Inductees
6 p.m. Young Alumni Reception – Riverwalk Ballroom, Sec. 3
7 p.m. *Dinner – $40 per person; $75 per couple
• Two free drink tickets per adult
7:20 p.m. Fellowship and Dancing; Live Music, Cash Bar
Sunday, June 1, 2014
8 a.m. *Alumni Choir Breakfast – Krannert Center, Valhalla Garden Room
• Complimentary; Alumni Choir members only
8:30 – 10:30 a.m. *Continental Breakfast in the Commons – Kilpatrick Commons
• Complimentary; all alumni and guests are invited to attend
• Rain backup – Krannert Center Lobby
9:30-10:30 a.m. *Alumni Choir rehearsal and photo — College Chapel; photos available for $12 each
9 a.m. High School/Academy Worship Service – Frost Chapel
• Guest Minister: Walter Copeland (64A)
• Guest Accompanist: Brenda Woods (99G, FS)
• High School and Academy Processional March from Hamrick Hall to Frost Chapel
• Worship service begins at 9:30 a.m.
11 a.m. Alumni Weekend Worship Service – College Chapel
• Guest Minister: Rev. Valerie Loner (91C), Pastor, Rush United Methodist Church, Rome, Ga.
• Guest Alumni Choral Director: Honorary Alumnus Ross Magoulas (FFS)
• Guest Accompanist: Suzanne Scott (FS)2 p.m. Alumni Work Week 2014 Begins!