About Nursing at Berry
Nursing Program Mission Statement
The mission of the Berry College Nursing Program is in accordance with the mission and purpose of Berry College. The program is committed to the concern of the individual and permeates the principles of respect and collegiality for both faculty and students. The aim is to offer an exemplary undergraduate nursing program
- Builds on a strong foundation of liberal arts and science studies that supports the development of knowledge, skills, and attitudes needed by the baccalaureate nurse to address the health care realities of the 21st century
- Educates professional registered nurses who:
- Practice the roles of a nurse generalist who provides patient-centered care that is safe, compassionate and affirms interdenominational Christian principles and values.
- Deliver patient-centered care in a transforming health care setting with an emphasis on safety, evidenced-based practice, quality outcomes of care, informatics and the economic influences of health care delivery.
- Practice nursing safely and compassionately in a variety of settings, with diverse populations and backgrounds, both locally and globally.
- Serve as a leader, collaborative participant, and professional among the disciplines, committed to community and civic betterment while transforming health care delivery into a safer, higher quality and more cost effective system.
- Participate in life-long learning, academic excellence, and intellectual growth.
- Promotes a learner-centered, caring, academic community that:
- Inspires intellectual, moral, ethical, interdenominational Christian principles, values and service to others.
- Encourages students toward a life of lasting value and purpose.
- Promotes personal accountability through actions and decisions in both faculty and students by maintaining physical well-being, spiritual growth and emotional health.
- Utilizes learner-centered integrative strategies that inspire students to academic excellence.
- Incorporates worthwhile work and service to others that complements knowledge and faith in building personal character.