The student who is interested in pursuing a career in the dental field will receive excellent academic preparation at Berry. Most dental schools require the following college courses as pre-requisites for admission:
- 8 hours Biology with lab
- 8 hours Physics
- 8 hours English
- 8 hours General Chemistry with lab
- 8 hours Organic Chemistry with lab
Students should check with individual dental schools for admissions criteria as the list of required and recommended courses may vary (see link to Official
Guide to Dental Schools, below). Pre-dental students do not necessarily need to major in science; however, students usually major in biology or chemistry because the curriculum for these majors includes these pre-requisite courses. Most dental schools require a college degree for
- American Dental Education Service (ADEA) Official Guide to Dental Schools
- American Dental Education Association (ADEA) –
- The Dental Admission Test (DAT) is required of all students who plan to attend dental school in the United States. The links below provide general information about the DAT plus a test guide.
- The Associated American Dental Schools Application Service (AADSAS) is the centralized application service for most dental schools in the United States. Follow the link below to guide your application process.