Kindermusik for the Young Child
Kindermusik for the Young Child helps every child develop a confident, joyful voice for singing and speaking as well as essential building blocks for a future of learning. Young Child is the bridge between music play of early childhood and the more formal musical experience of the middle childhood years.
Kindermusik for the Young Child:
- Allows children to learn by doing -- through singing, listening, movement and ensemble instrument play in small group sessions -- without the pressure of performance.
- Introduces the glockenspiel, two-string dulcimer and recorder, which gives children the opportunity to learn simple melodies and accompaniments.
- Reinforces musical concepts using manipulatives for fine motor skill development and active games for the whole body.
- Includes activity pages that encourage first experiences with "reading" and "writing" music. provides weekly music at-home materials, which suggest follow-up activities to reinforce each lesson.
- Features dances and music of many cultures in addition to those of our own North American heritage.
At-home materials include:
- a canvas carry bag for carrying materials to and from class,
- a folder for music at-home cards, attendance stickers, activity and song pages,
- a family song book with beautifully written and illustrated pages, and a home CD with songs and activities from the curriculum.
Also included are the following instruments:
- semesters 1 and 2 -- a glockenspiel with two mallets;
- semester 3 -- a two- string dulcimer; semester 4 -- a soprano recorder.
Four 15-week semesters for ages 4 1/2 to 7 years are offered. A parent or caregiver attends the final 10-15 minutes of each class. Classes meet weekly for 60 minutes in semesters 1 and 2; 75 minutes in semesters 3 and 4. There is a maximum of 12 children per class.
For further information email email@example.com