was not only able to see historic landmarks, but I got to understand their
significance and what they mean to locals. - Hannah R., 2016 participant
This program is for students wishing to experience a rich and historical culture for a summer. Dr. Brian Carroll will teach Travel Writing and Visual Rhetoric on this program in 2017.
June 30-August 6, 2017
The European Council offers a variety of classes in many different areas of study taught by Georgia professors. Each class is the equivalent to 3 credit hours at Berry College, and Berry students are required to enroll in two 3-hour classes. All courses are considered to be Berry College credit, not transient credit. Learn
how to register.
Students will be given single dormitory rooms with private baths in Citè Universitè, a one-of-a kind meeting place that receives more than 135,000 visitors from over 100 countries each year.
The program includes 4 dinners per week. Students should budget €7 per meal for other meals. Cooking in groups can dramatically reduce these costs.
Cost: $5200 includes:
- Roundtrip airfare between Atlanta and Paris
- Accommodations at Cite Universitaire
- 2 free three-day weekends
- 4 dinners per week (or its equivalent)
- Dinner cruise on the Seine (July 5)
- Unlimited travel on the Paris metro and bus system
- A primary health insurance policy providing coverage for medical expenses
- Optional trip to Alsace (July 7-9). Price: $99
- Optional trip to the Loire Valley (July 14-16). Price: $99
- Optional trip to Normandy (July 21-23). Price: $99
- Optional day trip to Euro Disney (August 5). Price: TBA
The package cost does not include tuition, textbooks, extra meals, entrance fees, and weekend travel expenses, passport and related expenses, spending money, ground transport to and from the U.S. airport through which flights will be scheduled, or any other costs beyond those listed above.
More information is available on the European Council website.