CITI Program Training
The CITI program was developed by national IRB experts. Through a series of modules, the program provides knowledge about History and Ethical Principles, Defining Research with Human Subjects, The Regulations, Assessing Risk, Informed Consent, Privacy and Confidentiality, and Conflicts of Interest in Research Involving Human Subjects.
Each module has educational material that can be read on screen or printed, and a brief online test. You can do each module separately – you do not have to complete the entire program in one sitting.
At the completion of each module, you are required to complete an online quiz. You must score at least an 80% on each of the quizzes (they have 5-10 questions each).
If this is your initial CITI training, you must take the CITI Basic Course, not the Refresher course!
To complete the CITI course you must first register at
- At the CITI Login and Registration Page, click Register for the CITI Course.
- At the Select your institution or organization page, scroll down to the category All Others and select Berry College, then click the SUBMIT button.
- At the Select Your Username and Password page, enter the requested information according to the instructions and click the Submit button.
- At the CITI Registration Page, complete the form as instructed and when finished, click the Submit Information button.
Note: If you are Berry College faculty/staff, please enter your employee I.D. number in the Employee Number space; if you are a student, enter your student I.D. number. If you are neither of these (e.g., an IRB community member), leave this space blank.
- At the Select Group page, Step One gives you basic instructions; Step Two asks you to select a group appropriate to your research activities. The choices are the following primary groups
Group 1 Social/Behavioral Investigators
Group 2 Education Investigators
Group 3 Biomedical Investigators
Group 4 IRB Members
Note: There are several optional modules, i.e., research involving minors, research in public elementary and secondary schools, and internet research. If your research involves these topics, you are required to complete the appropriate optional modules as well.
Select a group and begin.
When you complete the required training on the CITI site, the IRB administrator will get an e-mail and you will get a certificate of completion. Please attach a copy of the certificate of completion to your request for protocol review.
For additional information contact Donna Davin, by
email or by phone at 290-2163.