The German Program offers a varied curriculum that provides its students with a comprehensive instruction in German language, culture, history, film, literature, as well as Business German. All courses are designed to expose students to a wide range of authentic material,
giving learners the opportunity to receive a thorough understanding and knowledge of past and present-day life in Germany, Austria, and Switzerland. All courses are taught in the German language, enabling students to acquire a high level of linguistic competency.
10 Reasons for Learning German:
- German is spoken by a quarter of all Europeans, making it the most commonly spoken language in the EU. 38% of all European citizens say that they can converse in German.
- Germany is the world's largest exporter.
- 18% of the world's books are published in German.
- Germany is home to numerous international corporations.
- German is no harder to learn to speak and write than other language.
- It is the most commonly used language on the internet after English.
- German is the second-most commonly used scientific language.
- German is the language of Goethe, Nietzsche and Kafka, as well as composers such as Mozart, Bach and Beethoven.
- Speaking and understanding German will deepen your knowledge of the culture and improve your career opportunities.
- Learning German provides deeper insights into a region that plays a vital role in central Europe's intellectual and economic life and in its cultural history.