Outdoor Gear Checkout
The Department of Recreation offers a variety of camping, backpacking and paddling gear available for rent.
Click here for a list of gear and prices. Gear availability is subject to change and we cannot guarantee items will be available. The rental fee will be charged to the renter's Berry account.
Click here to submit an equipment rental request.
For daily use hammocks or disc golf, visit the equipment checkout area on the 1st Floor of The Cage Center. Hammocks are also available at the Deerfield and Ford Residence Life Offices. Click
here for a map of the hammock zones on campus.
The general rental policy and agreement is as follows:
- Rental equipment is available for checkout to current Berry students, faculty and staff. A valid Berry ID is required.
- Payment and any repair/replacement fees for equipment will be charged to the individual’s Berry account.
- Equipment will be inspected upon check-out and check-in.
- The renter will be charged for damaged equipment at the cost fixing or replacing the item.
- The renter will be charged a $25.00 cleaning fee for any equipment returned wet and/or dirty.
- Weekend (Friday-Monday) rentals will be assessed a two-day charge.
- There is limited quantity of equipment available. Equipment is rented on a first-come, first reserved basis with the exception of academic or non-academic scheduled trips.
- Equipment rented late will be charged an additional $2.00 per day, per item fee.
OPEN OFFICE HOURS (Located on the 1st floor of the Cage Center): Anytime the Cage Center is open.
For more information, please contact the Department of Recreation:
Cage Center 214