As a four-year residential community, we believe that the learning that takes place outside of the classroom is a compliment to the lessons learned within the classroom. These lessons may take place through casual interaction, roommate relationships, programming in the residence halls,
policy and procedure enforcement or simply having a safe place to learn more about oneself and others.
Our commitment in Residence Life is to provide opportunities to explore:
Development: Students will adjust to independence and increase awareness of their role and impact in the Berry and Rome communities.
- Active Community Membership
- Displaying Ownership of Actions
- Establishing a Balanced Lifestyle
- Taking Initiative to Solve Problems
- Recognizing the Importance of Community Standards
Competence: Students will cultivate effective communication and conflict resolution skills to foster a support network.
- Engagement in Authentic Dialogue
- Giving and Taking Constructive Criticism
- Speaking and Listening Respectfully
- Voicing Needs
- Articulating Goals and Objectives
- Setting Boundaries for the Living Environment
Responsibility: Students will further develop identity by recognizing a greater responsibility beyond the individual.
- Striving for Common Welfare
- Understanding Personal Identity
- Investment in Others
- Respecting and Appreciating Diversity
Responsibility: Students will capitalize on foundational experiences as preparation for life beyond Berry.
- Confidence in Career Preparation
- Readiness for Transition
- Engagement in Berry’s Future
- Global Citizenship