Bonner Center for Community Engagement
The Bonner Center for Community Engagement facilitates partnerships that:
- Promote community service, civic responsibility, social awareness, and academic scholarship, and
- Advance the college’s motto “not to be ministered unto, but to minister.”
The Bonner Center for Community Engagement is responsible for:
- Co-curricular leadership programming that promotes the theories and practices of servant leadership and encourages civic participation.
- Bonner Scholars Program, a co-curricular scholarship program for students who have demonstrated active citizenship through service, that offers an intensive experience in community-based work and leadership development and that focuses on civic engagement, community building, diversity, international perspective, social justice, and spiritual exploration.
- Community-based learning initiatives that offer students experiences outside the classroom that link course content to practical application of knowledge thereby promoting the understanding of the intersection of academic scholarship and service to humanity.