All the listed services below require that a contract be completed - forms are listed below. This should be done in all cases except for departmental voice mail. For this service, simply email firstname.lastname@example.org to request that voice mail be set-up on your extension.
Voice mail service is available for each faculty and staff member's phone in each department. For more information on how to set up the new Exchange Unified Messaging voice mail system, click here.
If a faculty, staff, or student living on campus wishes to use this service, there will be charge $2.00 per month. The service will work with any caller ID capable phone. Simply complete the appropriate contract below to sign up.
Please feel free to call the Telecom office at (706) 238-7000 for any questions, concerns or regarding additional services that may be available to you.
Telephone and Voice mail Work Orders
Call (706) 238-7000 or come by the Telecommunications Office off of Stretch Road, or e-mail email@example.com
for work orders involving:
Telephone Equipment Options
- new telephone, campus generated TV channels, voice mail installation
- telephone moves, adds, and changes (features, line pickups, hunt groups, etc.)
- If you need service, support or repair from Comcast Cable, please cal (404) 266-2278. The mailing address to use when asked is: 2277 Martha Berry Highway, Rome, GA 30149.
Forms to add/change/delete Telecom services
The following forms will be automatically e-mailed to the Telecommunications address when submitted.
- Faculty/Staff Residential Contract Form
- This form is for any faculty/staff that resides on Berry campus and wishes to participate in any of the services offered through Telecommunications.
- Faculty/Staff Change of Service Request Form
- This form should be used when a faculty or staff member that already has service through the Telecommunications office and they wish to change or cancel any portion or all of their services.
- Student Service Contract Form
- This form is for any Berry student that would like voice mail capability, caller id capability or Atlanta line service offered through the Telecommunications office.
- Student Change of Service Request Form
- This form should be used when a student has any of the above listed services though the Telecommunications and they wish to change or cancel their services.
Data Networking Work Orders
Installation of new service and moves: Contact Telecommunications at (706) 238-7000 or come by the office off of Stretch Road or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org. Telecommunications is responsible for installing and maintaining the physical facilities (cables, cross-connects, equipment closets, etc.) and therefore, if work is required on facilities, they will need to complete their work before turning the work order over to Networking Services.
The time it takes to complete facilities requirements for a data work order varies greatly depending on the amount of lead time given by the department or individual and exactly what needs to be accomplished. Once the networking facilities are installed and/or made operational. Telecommunications will notify the Technical Support Help Desk who in turn will coordinate the completion of any work necessary to activate the data outlet and update records.
Comcast Cable TV
Comcast Cable is available in all student housing and faculty/staff housing and for departmental use on campus. Cable service is offered to students at no extra charge, but Faculty/Staff campus housing and the departmental rate is $20 per month. Students/Faculty and Staff will need to contact Comcast Cable directly at (404) 266-5421 regarding any additional cable service. In addition to contacting Comcast, a contract will need to be completed with the Telecommunications office. Television sets and connecting cables should be provided by the student/faculty or staff member. Berry cable has 75 channels, while 11 channels are Berry-originated programs.
For cable service or repair requests, first call 404 COMCAST (404-266-2278). Press 1 for English and when asked if you are a current customer, Press 1. You will then be asked for your primary home telephone number. Simply press 0 and it will bypass you to a Comcast operator. Explain that we are a commercial account customer and a college in Rome, Georgia. Except for buildings on Martha Berry Highway, our official address is 2277 Martha Berry Highway, Rome, GA 30149. Be sure to provide them with your building name and room number for their notes on the work order. Many times they get confused in the database as to which building you are referring to; doesn't matter as long as the correct information is entered into the notes section of the work order.
If you experience problems with the 404 Comcast operator and need immediate attention, please call Tim Gregory at Comcast (work cell) 706-252-4185 or his (personal cell) 706-767-4635. Sometimes he is out of service so try again after a few minutes.
If you are still experiencing problems reaching someone, please contact Alan Robinson the Director of Telecommunications and Network Facilities for Berry College at 706-238-7867 or email him at email@example.com.
For a listing of channels, please click here.