Wildlife Management Area (WMA) Hunts, 2013-14
There are three scheduled firearm deer hunts on the Berry College Wildlife Management Area for this year. 1,000 people will be drawn for the first two hunts and 750 for the last.
The dates for these hunts are November 6-9, 2013; December 4-7, 2013; and January 11-12, 2014. All gates into the wildlife management area will be open the day before each hunt, for scouting.
During these hunts only permitted hunters
will be allowed on the Wildlife Management Area, all other activity
is PROHIBITED. This includes horseback riding, jogging, bicycling, etc.
All interior gated roads and/or trails leading from main or
mountain campus onto Berry's Wildlife Management Area will take you
into the hunting areas. These areas will be posted with warning signs
by the Georgia Department of Natural Resources. It is very important
that you pay close attention to the hunting dates and stay clear of the
- The main campus and the mountain campus are protected by a buffer
zone known as the Berry College Refuge. Hunters are not allowed
inside the Refuge Area (Buffer Zone).
- No weapon of any type is allowed on the Refuge Area. There is no open season for the taking of wildlife on the Berry College Refuge.
- Hunters MAY NOT access the Wildlife Management Area from campus.
- Horse, bicycle and foot trails and areas are closed all day during deer firearms season and before 10:00 A.M. during deer archery and turkey season.
- No ATV may be used at anytime.
Deer Archery Season- September 14-November 4, 2013 & November 10-15, 2013. Sign-in prior to hunting is required only once per season for archery deer hunts. Check-out or sign out on the day of a kill is required.
Turkey Season- March 22-May 15, 2014.
Small Game Season- August 15-November 4,
November 10-December 2, 2013; December 8, 2013-January 9, 2014; January
13-February 28, 2014.
Click here for a WMA map
Visit: www.gohuntgeorgia.com for more information